Saturday, April 30, 2011

NC Aquarium and Strawberries

A few short miles down the road from the U.S.S. North Carolina is the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher.


HELLO!

When was the last time you saw an albino alligator?


Have you kissed a frog lately?

How would you like a job cleaning house for alligators?
YUK!




How's this for a job?


Do you really eat these?

Spiny Lobster

Spiny lobsters travel from sub-tropical Florida as microscopic plankton in the warm waters of the Gulf Stream and settle on North Carolina's hard bottom reefs where they grow up to two feet long. I just cannot bring myself to eat lobster!



I would not want to be near a Hurricane.

It was about this time my camera battery DIED!  We had a great time touring the U.S.S. North Carolina and the Aquarium at Fort Fisher.

A local strawberry patch recently opened and we stopped for some fresh strawberries.  
 You can pick your own...

or purchase some that were picked the same day.


I LOVE strawberries -- especially fresh ones.  Strawberry City also sells homemade strawberry ice cream -- we had some but was so busy eating it we forgot to take a picture...sorry.

As I close tonight, my heart is with the families who have lost loved ones and/or their homes and all belongings in the recent tornadoes.  Although I have lived in Arkansas most of my life, I have never been in a tornado -- have come close a few times but have never taken a direct hit.  I can only imagine the horror and the feeling of hopelessness of losing everything, especially the loss of a loved one.  I know you join me in praying for those affected by the tragedies of the past few days -- may God be with them during this time of sadness, may He comfort them and give them strength to carry on! 

We were concerned about our volunteer job in Branson when we heard Branson had flooded and the campground was under water.  However, today we heard from the Manager and they plan to be back in the park on Sunday, so we will be leaving North Carolina soon heading to Branson.


Until next time, may God continue to bless our voyage, as well as our family and friends everywhere.  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. The jellies are my favorite. So ethereally beautiful, yet so dangerous and sometimes deadly. Behind the aquarium safety glass, they seem so harmless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another great picture tour! I've never heard of an albino alligator but don't care to meet one either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fine tour! Thanks for sharing. We do like to visit the better aquariums (aquaria?)like that. Have been to the Monterey Bay (CA) Aquarium a few times, the Steinhart in San Francisco many times (in our youth), and the one in Seaside, OR. Yours in NC looks like a definite must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures but I have to admit, my favorite was of the strawberries! I LOVE THEM! In Oregon, we have to wait until mid June for fresh local berries and with all the cold and rain, it may be even later this year.

    I echo your thoughts on the victims of the tornadoes. God be with them.

    ReplyDelete