Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NORTH CAROLINA HERE WE COME!

WHEW, what a whirlwind the past week has been.  After a lot of prayer, discussion, etc, we are returning to North Carolina and Duke.  I already have an appointment on November 9th at Duke and will see a surgeon, oncologist and radiologist all in one day.  It was a tough decision because I truly love, respect and trust my doctor here, but it's going to take awhile to get me straightened out and all fixed up and we decided we would rather be near our daughter and family instead of hang'in out here.  


Thanks to everyone for your prayers, your good wishes, encouragement, etc.  I am at peace with my decision and plan to head that way on Monday.  Altho I have tons of great friends here, as well as a brother and sister-in-law, we wanted to be with our daughter and her family during the holidays.

We've had other friends visit, so there is more to come in future blog posts.

Again, thanks for the many kind words...God bless you, one and all!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Travel safe to NC and stay in touch. Peace...it's a *Good* thing :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be think of you in the upcoming weeks. Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels to you! I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable near your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you made a good decision. You're in the hands of the very best at Duke. They will get this behind you as fast as possible. Before you know it you'll be out driving around the country again. You'll be fine. You'll be fine. We'll say a little prayer for you. It does work, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip. Being with family at such a time is a great support system.

    ReplyDelete